Last night I came across a great movie on Netflix. It’s called The Foxy Merkins, but you probably haven’t heard of it. It’s a super indie movie that came out in 2013 about two lesbian hookers who become friends whilst servicing Manhattan women. I mean if that doesn’t hook you right away, then what does?
I can honestly say I laughed out loud so much during this movie. Surprisingly enough, it’s one of the funnier movies I’ve seen and that was so damn refreshing. There are so many awful movies being produced, and although this movie isn’t perfect, it is genuine, hilarious, and entertaining.
It’s written by Madeleine Olnek, Lisa Haas, and Jackie Monahan and directed by Madeleine Olnek. It stars the two writer Lisa and Jackie as the lesbian hookers. A familiar face is also in the movie: Alex Karpovsky from Girls.
Let me give you 5 reasons why you need to watch this movie:
- It’s hilarious. Like seriously, it’s actually really hilarious. I LOL’d on several occasions.
- Lisa Haas is genuinely hilarious in it.
- It’s a refreshing buddy/lesbian comedy.
- The comedy is on point. Perfect comedic timing.
- It’s free to watch to Netflix or Amazon.
- Because we see Lisa Haas full frontal and it’s phenomenal.
I added an important 6th in there because I can. And also, Lisa Haas has a wonderful voluptuous woman’s body and I’m a fan! Let’s feature more woman like her on screen, please!
But seriously, check out this comedy. I give it a 4/5.
Check out the trailer: